Our International Fashion Design Contest is targeted at emerging designers from all over �the world aged 18 to 35 and counts with the support and advice of renowned professionals in world of fashion and culture. BIAAF’s international scope aims for intercultural enrichment by showing the different approaches of fashion towards art and the promotion of fashion as a true cultural value.
For this reason, all works submitted should be inspired or be directly related to the world of art (printing, shapes, details…). Our main goal is to give young designers visibility among the general public, the industry and the media.
Designers participating can choose between two categories: Outfit Design and Accessory Design. All participants can attend both categories and each participant must register individually.
– Best Outfit Design: 10.000€
– Best Accessory Design: 10.000€
– Best Basque Designer: 5.000€
Please, read carefully the Competition Rules and calendar of this Edition, where you will find the deadlines to submit your works for the competition, portfolio requirements as well as logistic issues for the delivery of the works.
BIAAF international competition is biennial, registrations are open from October 1st to December 15th 2023, both included. You can follow all updates and news in our What’s on section as well as on our social networks: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The competition has two jury rounds:
1. A Jury selected by Bilbao International Art & Fashion BIAAF, will choose a total of 30 finalists among all participants in both categories. The finalist designers will be asked to send the rest of their finished works as per the competition rules requirements.
2. In the second round, an International Jury will choose the winner of each category among the 30 finalists.
- October 1st to December 15th, 2023: Registration for the international competition.
- February , 2024: Deadline for delivery of 1st Jury Session works to our premises.
- March 2024: 1st Jury session and selection of 30 finalists.
- April 2024: Deadline for reception.
- May 2024: Final Jury Session works at our premises
Javier Alonso, Partner de Let’s Grow in Fashion and lifestyle business angel
Ángel Amor, Costume and accessories designer.
Gabriel Azkoitia, Costume Designer, Art Director and Project Manager
Manuela Brini: Director of Creative Talent Acquisition and Development in LVMH Fashion Group
Mercedes de Miguel: Fashion and accessories Designer
Miriam Ocariz: Fashion and accessories Designer.
Elisa Palomino: Fullbright Scholar.Senior Lecturer at BA (Hons)Fashion Fashion Print en Central Saint Martin’s Londres
Sara Sozzani Maino: Deputy Editor-in-Chief at Vogue Italia and Head of Vogue Talents
Juan Ignacio Vidarte: Guggenheim Bilbao Museum Director
Miren Vives: Cristóbal Balenciaga Museum Director
Pamela Golbin: Curator, Author and Artistic Director
Eduard Jane: Head of Iberia & \ JOOR
Regina Polanco: CEO of Pyratex