Our International Fashion Design Contest is targeted at emerging designers from all over the world aged 18 to 35 and counts with the support and advice of renowned professionals in world of fashion and culture. BIAAF’s international scope aims for intercultural enrichment by showing the different approaches of fashion towards art and the promotion of fashion as a true cultural value.
For this reason, all works submitted should be inspired or be directly related to the world of art (printing, shapes, details…). Our main goal is to give young designers visibility among the general public, the industry and the media.
Designers participating can choose between two categories: Outfit Design and Accessory Design. All participants can attend both categories and each participant must register individually.
Awards: 25.000€ in prizes.
Please, read carefully the Competition Rules and calendar of this Edition, where you will find the deadlines to submit your works for the competition, portfolio requirements as well as logistic issues for the delivery of the works.
BIAAF international competition is biennial, registrations are open from October 1st to December 16th 2019, both included. You can follow all updates and news in our What’s on section as well as on our social networks: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The competition has two jury rounds:
1. A Jury selected by Bilbao International Art & Fashion BIAAF, will choose a total of 30 finalists among all participants in both categories. The finalist designers will be asked to send the rest of their finished works as per the competition rules requirements.
2. In the second round, an International Jury will choose the winner of each category among the 30 finalists.
- October 1st to December 16th, 2019: Registration for the international competition.
- February 17th, 2020: Deadline for reception of 1st Jury Session works.
- March 2020: 1st Jury session and selection of 30 finalists.
- May 11th 2020: Deadline for reception of Final Jury Session works.
- May 2020: Final Jury session to choose the winners of each category among the 30 finalists.
- June 2020: Exhibition of the winning and finalists works and awards ceremony.
- International Jury, To be confirmed.