Our International Fashion Design Contest is targeted at emerging designers from all over the world aged 18 to 35 and counts with the support and advice of renowned professionals in world of fashion and culture. BIAAF’s international scope aims for intercultural enrichment by showing the different approaches of fashion towards art and the promotion of fashion as a true cultural value.
For this reason, all works submitted should be inspired or be directly related to the world of art (printing, shapes, details…). Our main goal is to give young designers visibility among the general public, the industry and the media.
Designers participating can choose between two categories: Outfit Design and Accessory Design. All participants can attend both categories and each participant must register individually.
- Best Outfit Design: 10.000€
- Best Accessory Design: 10.000€
- Best Basque Designer: 5.000€
Please, read carefully the Competition Rules and calendar of this Edition, where you will find the deadlines to submit your works for the competition, portfolio requirements as well as logistic issues for the delivery of the works.
BIAAF international competition is biennial, registrations are open from October 1st to December 16th 2019, both included. You can follow all updates and news in our What’s on section as well as on our social networks: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The competition has two jury rounds:
1. A Jury selected by Bilbao International Art & Fashion BIAAF, will choose a total of 30 finalists among all participants in both categories. The finalist designers will be asked to send the rest of their finished works as per the competition rules requirements.
2. In the second round, an International Jury will choose the winner of each category among the 30 finalists.
- October 1st to December 16th, 2019: Registration for the international competition.
- February 17th, 2020: Deadline for delivery of 1st Jury Session works to our premises.
- March 2020: 1st Jury session and selection of 30 finalists.
- May 4th 2020: Deadline for reception of Final Jury Session works at our premises.
- November 11th, 2020: Final Jury session to choose the winners of each category among the 30 finalists.
- November 12th, 2020: Exhibition of the winning and finalists works and awards ceremony.
- Javier Alonso, Partner at Letís Grow in Fashion y lifestyle Business Angel.
- Ángel Amor, Costume and accesories designer..
- Gabriel Azkoitia, Project Manager at INEDI Fashion School.
- Diane Becker, Director of Didactic Projects for the Consorzio Vera Pelle Italiana Conciata al Vegetale responsible for the prestigious Craft the Leather programs.
- Manuela Brini, Director of Creative Talent Acquisition and Development in LVMH Fashion Group.
- Mercedes de Miguel, Fashion Designer.
- Liudmila Norsoyan, Fashion Designer and CEO at Fashion Factory School, Moscú. .
- Miriam Ocáriz, Fashion and accesories designer.
- Elisa Palomino, Fullbright Scholar.Senior Lecturer at BA (Hons)Fashion Fashion Print en Central Saint Martins Londres.
- Maryam Sadeghian , Azno Arts and Culture Institute Director, Art Residence Head of Collections at Famouri Historical House.
- Sara Sozzani Maino, Deputy Editor-in-Chief at Vogue Italia and Head of Vogue Talents.
- Juan Ignacio Vidarte, Guggenheim Bilbao Museum Director.
- Miren Vives, Cristóbal Balenciaga Museum Director.
- Pamela Golbin, Curator, Author and Artistic Director.