Our International Fashion Design Contest is targeted at emerging designers from all over the world aged from 18 to 35 years old and counts with the support and advice of renowned professionals in the fashion and art areas.
BIAAF’s international scope aims for intercultural enrichment by showing the different approaches of fashion towards art and the promotion of fashion as a true cultural value.
For this reason, all works submitted should be inspired or be directly related to the world of art (printing, shapes, details…)
Our main goal is to enable young designers to make themselves known to a wider public and the media.
The next edition of BIAAF’s International Contest will be held in 2020, opening registrations in October / November 2019. You can follow all the news in our What’s on section and on our social networks: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- President of the Jury Sara Sozzani Maino, Deputy Editor-in-Chief at Vogue Italia and Director of Vogue Talents.
- Diane Becker, Director of Didactic Projects for the Consorzio Vera Pelle Italiana Conciata al Vegetale responsible for the prestigious Craft the Leather programs.
- Elisa Palomino, BA Fashion Print Pathway Leader at Central Saint Martins Londres.
- Gabriel Azkoitia, Project Manager at INEDI Fashion School and UPV/EHU, Bilbao.
- Garbiñe Urdampilleta, Fashion Designer at J+G.
- Gerdi Esch, Journalist and Co-Founder of the Flanders Fashion Institute.
- Lisa Montague, CEO at Aspinal of London.
- Miren Arzalluz, Director of the Palais Galliera Musée de la Mode de la Ville de Paris.
- Sara Kozlowski, Director of Education and Professional Development at CFDA.
- Juan Ignacio Vidarte, Deputy Director and Chief Officer for Global Strategies of the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation. Director of the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, President.
- Javier Alonso, HR Advisor.
- Javier Barroeta, Couturier.
- Javier de Juana, Tailor.
- Juana Ruiz, Fashion Designer at J+G.
- Mercedes de Miguel, Fashion Designer.
- Miriam Ocáriz, Fashion Designer.
- Miren Vives, Director of Cristobal Balenciaga Museoa in Getaria.