Bilbao International Art&Fashion calls emerging designers worldwide for its 6th Edition.
Our International Fashion Design Contest is targeted at emerging designers from all over the world aged from 18 to 35 years old and counts with the support and advice of renowned professionals in the fashion and art areas.
BIAAF’s international scope aims for intercultural enrichment by showing the different approaches of fashion towards art and the promotion of fashion as a true cultural value.
For this reason, all works submitted should be inspired or be directly related to the world of art (printing, shapes, details…)
Our main goal is to enable young designers to make themselves known to a wider public and the media.
The competition has two stages:
1st stage: In March 2018 a Commission, set up specifically for the competition and made up of leading professionals in the sector, will choose 30 finalists from amongst contestants in both categories. These finalists will be asked to complete the manufacture of their other two sketches presented, as completely finished works in their corresponding materials
2nd stage: During the second stage,a Jury called for the occasion will select a winner in each category form amongst the 30 finalists.
- From October 1st. until December 15th. 2017: Registration Period.
- From February 1st. until February 17th. 2018: Period for submission of works.
- March 2018: Participants whose work is selected as finalist will be informed.
- 2nd May 2018: Last day for receipt of the finalist’s works.
- May 2018: Jury’s deliberation.
- June 2018: Awards Ceremony.
- President of the Jury Sara Sozzani Maino, Deputy Editor-in-Chief at Vogue Italia and Director of Vogue Talents.
- Diane Becker, Director of Didactic Projects for the Consorzio Vera Pelle Italiana Conciata al Vegetale responsible for the prestigious Craft the Leather programs.
- Elisa Palomino, BA Fashion Print Pathway Leader at Central Saint Martins Londres.
- Gabriel Azkoitia, Project Manager at INEDI Fashion School and UPV/EHU, Bilbao.
- Garbiñe Urdampilleta, Fashion Designer at J+G.
- Gerdi Esch, Journalist and Co-Founder of the Flanders Fashion Institute.
- Lisa Montague, CEO at Aspinal of London.
- Miren Arzalluz, Director of the Palais Galliera Musée de la Mode de la Ville de Paris.
- Sara Kozlowski, Director of Education and Professional Development at CFDA.
- Juan Ignacio Vidarte, Deputy Director and Chief Officer for Global Strategies of the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation. Director of the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, President.
- Javier Alonso, HR Advisor.
- Javier Barroeta, Couturier.
- Javier de Juana, Tailor.
- Juana Ruiz, Fashion Designer at J+G.
- Mercedes de Miguel, Fashion Designer.
- Miriam Ocáriz, Fashion Designer.
- Miren Vives, Director of Cristobal Balenciaga Museoa in Getaria.