octubre 08, 2019
Bilbao International Art & Fashion announces the VII Edition of its international fashion contest.
After a sixth edition that broke all participation records, the BIAAF international fashion contest returns in 2019 with its seventh edition. Aimed at emerging designers between 18 and 35 years old, it seeks to favor intercultural enrichment and the promotion of fashion as an authentic cultural asset, in close relationship with artistic values. The BIAAF international competition is biennial, and the registrations for this seventh edition will be open from October 1 to December 16, 2019, inclusive. The competition has two categories, clothing and accessories, and all the works submitted must provide added value to be inspired or directly related to the art world.
After registration and reception of work, the contest has two jury sessions:
1. A Jury chosen by Bilbao International Art & Fashion BIAAF will select a total of 30 finalists from among all participants in both categories.
2. In the second round, an international jury assembled by BIAAF for the occasion will select a winner from each category from among the 30 finalists.
You can find more information in the Contest section of our website and in our social networks.
- What do I have to do to apply?
You just have to fill in the information in this questionnaire. You have until December 16 to sign up.
- Can I introduce myself to both categories?
- When do I have to present my collection?
February 17, 2020 is the last day of reception at our work facilities. Keep in mind the time it will take for your shipment to arrive so that the deadline does not pass.
- What type of portfolio do I have to submit?
A single bound portfolio must be presented in DINA3 format, containing the sketches required in the bases according to your category, the name of the collection, the reason for inspiration, its relationship with the art world and the creative and elaboration process. The techniques used for the sketches are totally free.
You must send your portfolio with a finished piece (garment / outfit or accessory).
Do you have any question? Contact us.