October 28, 2020
BIAAF Final Jury Session to be held next November 11th.
Finalists from 17 nationalities shall compete for the 3 prizes awarded
Our 7th Edition has been an unforgettable one.Each collection received from the finalist designers has meant a small triumph, a battle won in a complex situation. Now we can finally confirm that the final Jury session shall take place next November 11th.
We couldn’t be more grateful for the generosity of those representatives of LVMH Fashion Group, Vogue Talents or the Guggenheim Bilbao Museum, among other prestigious institutions, who despite the difficult circumstances, have accepted our invitation to become Jury Members of this unusual 7th Edition.
We are pleased to announce the Jury Members Panel hereinunder:
· Javier Alonso, Partner at Let’s Grow in Fashion and lifestyle business angel.
· Ángel Amor, Custome and accesories designer.
· Gabriel Azkoitia, Project Manager at INEDI Fashion School.
· Diane Becker, Director of Didactic Projects for the Consorzio Vera Pelle Italiana Conciata al Vegetale responsible for the prestigious Craft the Leather programs.
· Manuela Brini, Director of Creative Talent Acquisition and Development at LVMH Fashion Group.
· Mercedes de Miguel, Fashion Designer, Bilbao.
· Lyudmila Norsoyan, Fashion Designer and CEO at Fashion Factory School, Moscow.
· Miriam Ocáriz, Fashion and accesories designer.
· Elisa Palomino, Fullbright scholar.Senior Lecturer for BA (Hons) Fashion Print at Central Saint Martin’s.
· Maryam Sadeghian , Azno Arts and Culture Institute Director, Art Residence Head of Collections at Famouri Historical House.
· Sara Sozzani Maino, Deputy Editor-in-Chief at Vogue Italia and Head of Vogue Talents.
· Juan Ignacio Vidarte, Guggenheim Bilbao Museum Director.
· Miren Vives, Cristóbal Balenciaga Museum Director.
The Awards Ceremony and Final Exhibition shall take place the following day, November 12th at 20.00 hs CET.
It is our wish to share this very special moment with all participants, as well as with all those schools, institutions, creatives and colleagues that have made this editipn possible.
A virtual tour through the Finalists Works Exhibition shall take place after the awards ceremony.
"Each and every one of the finalists collections is the reflection of an exceptional, unforgettable edition, and shows the exceptional efforts made by the emerging designers taking part in it as well as the commitment of the jury members and stakeholders involved in this edition towards these young talents.It is decisive and more necessary than ever to offer these young creatives a more promising scenario than the current one. Together we hope to build a different, more humane, inclusive, supportive and sustainable future for them all."
Mª Victoria Cañas, President of BIAAF.