April 24, 2018
BIAAF calls its international jury next May 18th.
BIAAF’s international jury shall meet next May 18th at Azkuna Zentroa to choose the winners of the 6th Edition of our competition for emerging designers. 30 finalists from 12 nationalities compete for the maximum recognition.
The international jury of BIAAF will meet next May 18 at Azkuna Zentroa to choose the winners of the sixth edition of the emerging fashion design competition. 30 finalists from 12 nationalities are running for maximum recognition.
The fashion industry support to BIAAF’s project is reflected on occasions like this, when the international jury members of the 6th Edition of our international competition for emerging fashion designers are announced. Thanks to the commitment, effort and work of all the agents involved in the contest, this edition – not having concluded yet – has been very impressive not only because of the number of participants (almost 1,700 young designers) but also for the quality of the works presented.
We are pleased to announce that Sara Sozzani Maino – Deputy Editor-in-Chief at Vogue Italia and Director of Vogue Talents – shall Preside the jury session once again next May the 18th in Bilbao. These are the other jury members that shall join her on this key session:
– Diane Becker Director of Didactic Projects for the Consorzio Vera Pelle Italiana Conciata al Vegetale responsible for the prestigious Craft the Leather programs.
– Elisa Palomino, BA Fashion Print Pathway Leader at Central Saint Martins Londres.
–Gabriel Azkoitia, Project Manager at INEDI Fashion School and UPV/EHU, Bilbao.
– Garbiñe Urdampilleta, Fashion Designer at J+G.
– Gerdi Esch, Journalist and Co-Founder of the Flanders Fashion Institute.
– Lisa Montague, CEO at Aspinal of London.
– Miren Arzalluz Director of the Palais Galliera Musée de la Mode de la Ville de Paris.
– Sara Kozlowski, Director of Education and Professional Development at CFDA.
– Juan Ignacio Vidarte, Deputy Director and Chief Officer for Global Strategies of the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation. Director of the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, President.
– Javier Barroeta, Couturier.
– Javier de Juana, Tailor.
– Juana Ruiz, Fashion Designer at J+G
– Mercedes de Miguel, Fashion Designer.
– Miriam Ocariz, Fashion Designer.
– Miren Vives, Director of Cristobal Balenciaga Museoa in Getaria.
BIAAF is extremely grateful for the Jury’s commitment towards emerging fashion talent.Our project’s achievements would have never been possible without the cooperation, hard work and support of both the jury members and all the stakeholders involved (sponsors, institutions and collaborators).
On May the 18th, the winners of each category -Best Outfit Design, Best Accessories Design and Best Basque Designer- will be published in our website. We wish the best of lucks to all participants at this final stage!